Resume of Mark Erney
Mark Erney - Guyana, South America 2013
Telephone: 1-757-746-9803 USA Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary Of Qualifications
32 years experience in the Satellite Communications Industry
with vast Hands-On field training acquired
through commercial employment and self employment. Some skills and specialized equipment knowledge include:
- ViaSat Terminals
- HNS PES Terminals
- DirecWay Certified
- WildBlue Certified
- iDirect Certified
- SSE, Codan & Mitec RF Packages
- Varian HPAs and TWTs
- Fairchild, EF Data, and Adaptive Broadband Modems
- S/A and LNR Up and Down Converters
- Micom Multiplexers
- Vertex, S/A, and Andrew Large Satellite Earth Stations
- Wide Range of Small and Mid Size Satellite Dishes including Prodelin
- Motor Drive and Tracking Systems
- Encryption Systems
- Modulators and LF Amplifiers
- Spectrum Analyzer
- Frequency Counter
- Frequency Generator
- Sweep Generator
- Power Meter
- Firebird 4000 and 6000
- Logic Probe
- Volt/Ohm and Amp Meter
- Laser Power Meter
- AC Power Termination
- Manlift and Bucket Truck Operation
- Termination of all types RF and IF Connectors
- Cad Welding
- Antenna Peaking and Pointing
- Performing/Correcting Antenna Patterns and Commissioning
- Crating, Packing, and Truck Loading
- Painting, Preparation, and Reconditioning Equipment
- Operate Drill Press, Lathe, Band Saw and All General Power Tools
- Advanced HTML Language, Perl Scripts, and Internet Skills.
Frederick Military Academy - Portsmouth, VA
Yes - Well Experienced International Traveler.
Yes - Secret Level Security Clearance (Inactive).
Employment History And Experience
Satellite Communications Technician - (01/2008 to 06/2012)
- Installed 3.8 meter Prodelin VSAT for remote mining camp in the Yukon Territory.
- Provided service technical support across Canadian arctic & Northern Territories.
- Removed 9.3 meter Andrew, 7 meter Vertex, 5.6 meter and 4.5 meter Andrew in Texas.
- Reconditioned 5.6 meter Andrew earth station for teleport facility in New Orleans, LA.
- Reconditioned 13 meter Andrew earth station for teleport facility in Opa Locka, FL.
- Installed 4.5 meter Andrew earth station for remote mining camp in Central Panama.
- Installed 4.5 meter Andrew earth station at military base on Andros Island, Bahamas.
- Removed 9.1 meter Andrew earth station from military base on Andros Island, Bahamas.
- Installed 7.3 meter Andrew earth station at teleport facility in Opa Locka, FL.
- Removed 4.5 meter Andrew earth station from military base at Pacific Beach, Oregon.
- Removed 7.3 meter Andrew earth station from military base in Washington state.
Satellite Communications Technician - (09/2000 to 04/2007)
- Installed 9.1 meter Andrew earth station rural Maputo, Mozambique, Africa.
- Removed 9.1 meter Andrew government earth station Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Repaired 9.1 meter Andrew earth station at SCSI teleport Miami Florida.
- Removed 9.1 meter earth station on island of Bonaire N.A. (Nederland Antilles).
- Repaired 4.5 meter Andrew earth station hurricane damage on San Salvador Bahamas.
- Repaired 4.5 meter Andrew earth station hurricane damage on Eleuthera Bahamas.
- Repaired 4.5 meter Andrew earth station hurricane damage on Abaco Bahamas.
- Removed 9.1 meter Andrew earth station at Fort Bragg North Carolina for SCSI.
- Installed 9.1 meter Andrew earth station on island of Bonaire Dutch Antilles.
- Installed (30) 1.8 meter iDirect VSAT systems in Puerto Rico for USSI.
- Installed and Deinstalled various HNS VSAT systems in Virginia for USSI.
Satellite Communications Technician - (02/1998 to 06/2000)
- Removed 9 meter Vertex earth station at NORAD for United States Government.
- Removed 9 meter S/A antenna system at VAFB for United States Government.
- Removed 2.4 meter antenna system at Corozel, Panama for United States Government.
- Installed 4.5 meter Andrew system for FAA project GTMO, Cuba.
- Installed 2.4 meter system for commercial customer in Honduras.
- Installed 3.8 meter system for commercial customer in Dillon, SC.
- Removed 7 meter earth station at Key West, Naval Station for United States Government.
- Removed 7 meter earth station at Fort Walton Beach, Florida for United States Government.
- Removed 7 meter earth station at Fort Campbell, Kentucky for United States Government.
- Installed 7 meter S/A earth station in Miami, FL for Satellite Communications Systems Inc.
- Relocated 7 meter S/A earth station to Opalocka, FL for Satellite Communications Systems Inc.
- Performed antenna testing patterns for 7 meter antenna with Pan Am Sat PAS 5 certification.
- Removed 9 meter S/A earth station at Satellite Beach, Florida for United States Government.
Satellite Communications Technician - (07/1993 to 01/1996)
- Removal of three 9 meter Vertex earth stations at different locations throughout the US.
- Installation of four 9 meter earth stations in Malaysia for Celcom Cellualar Communications.
- Removal of two 7 meter S/A earth stations at military bases in the US.
- Two VSAT installations in Colombia, South America for Tel Pan in Panama.
- 3.7 meter Andrew earth station installation for the FAA.
Cable Television Technician - (07/1991 to 02/1992)
- Operated 1400 customer private satellite/cable network located in Virginia. Project included
maintaining five apartment complexes between Williamsburg, VA and Virginia Beach, VA.
Monitored front end equipment at each site, performed new installs, disconnects, repairs,
amp balancing, underground repairs, routine maintenance, and collected bill payments.
Satellite Communications Technician - (02/1990 to 04/1991)
- Installed 3.7 meter remote sites to provide data links for the FAA's Aircraft Situation Display project.
- Reconfigured, made design changes for 8.1 meter Vertex earth station and front end for FAA project.
- Performed 3 meter TVRO dish installations, removals, and relocates for National Black Radio Network.
- Supervised and installed VSAT network and hub in Mexico for Fairchild/Banco De Mexico project.
- Performed 7 meter earth station removal for DOD on military base in New Jersey.
Cable Television Rebuilder - (08/1989 to 02/1990)
- Removed old cable TV installations and upgraded them with new cable, hardware, and equipment.
- Performed new cable installations and emergency cable TV repairs.
Satellite Communications Technician - (02/1989 to 07/1989)
- Installed S/A 1.8 meter VSAT systems for SCN teleconferencing network.
- Performed site surveys for Hughes Network Systems.
Satellite Communications Technician - (01/1987 to 01/1989)
- Installed over 120 VSAT systems for Days Inn Hotels at different locations throughout the United States.
- Installed, removed, and relocated numerous 3 meter TVRO systems for United States Radio Network.
- Operated transportable downlinking system for teleconferencing.
- Performed site surveys for satellite installations.
Satellite Communications Sales - (01/1982 to 01/1986)
- Sole proprietor of store front business for satellite TVRO sales, service, and installation.
- Performed turn key installations for home owners, hospitals, churches, and the US Air Force.
- Designed and built two small laser light show projectors for local night clubs.
- Provided transportable downlinking services for commercial customers.
Stage Hand - (01/1981 to 01/1996)
- Worked part time as a stage hand/projectionist. Set up and took down concert production equipment.
- Obtained special training skills implementing laser lights shows and laser light show productions.
- Acquired experience building, wiring, and packing of lighting systems, audio systems, and stage sets.
- Credits include: Whitney Houston HBO Special 1991, Rolling Stones 1983, and Cats Live Tour 1991.
- On call and worked as stage hand for over 200 different concert productions at Hampton Coliseum.
Copyright 2016. All Rights Reserved.